Safe Streets Havens
NYC Safestreets is an alliance of businesses in Williamsburg and Greenpoint that women can identify through the placement of the SafeStreets sticker in the window. By placing the stickers in their window they are indicating to pedestrians and women that they are a haven.
What is required of a safe haven business?
An understanding and awareness that women can be subject to violence when walking alone at night. Your business can function as a haven by offering momentary shelter to use the phone for a local call to arrange for a ride or company.
A simple list of phone numbers and safety resources:
- 90th precinct: 718-963-5311
- 94th precinct: 718-383-3879
- Rape Crisis Hotline: 1-800-621-HOPE
- NYPD Sexual Assault Hotline 212-227-3000
- Brooklyn (Sex crimes bureau) 718-250-3170
- Emergency: 911
- Right Rides: 718-964-7781
- Northside Car Service: 718-387-2222
- Metroline Car Service: 718-388-1111
- Java Car Service – 718-383-5555
Your business will be listed and mapped at www.nyc-safestreets.org
Join the growing list of businesses participating in the SafeStreets program:
- Anytime – 93 N.6 St.
- UVA Wines – 218 Bedford St.
- Sweetwater’s – 105 N. 6th St.
- Rain Lounge – 216 Bedford
- Chai – 124 N.6th St.
- Verb Café – 218 Bedford Ave.
- Millennium Health – 214 Bedford
- Black Betty – 366 Metropolitan Avenue
- Corner Deli – 175 Grand
- Bembe Brazilian Club – S.6th/Berry
- Pete’s Candy Store – 709 Lorimer St.
- Anibal Meat Market – 103 Moore Street
- Moore Street Market “La Marketa de Williamsburg” – 108 Moore Street
- The Lucky Cat – 245 Grand Street
- Union Star Restaurant – 577 Union Avenue
- Spuyten Duyvil – 359 Metropolitan
- Barcade – 388 Union Avenue
- Coco Cafe – 251 Grand Avenue
- Love Shine – 249 Grand Street
- Clem’s – 264 Grand Street
- Tainted Lady Lounge – 318 Grand Street
- Soma Restaurant – 192 Grand St.
- Eagle Wine and Liquor – 1071 Manhattan Ave.
- The Garden – 921 Manhattan Ave.
- Greenpoint Coffee House – 195 Franklin St.
- Java Car Service – 10-08 Manhattan Ave.
- OTT Authentic Thai Cuisine – 970 Manhattan Ave.
- Photoplay Video & DVD – 933 Manhattan Ave. (bet. Java and Kent)
- T & N Wines and Liquors – 983 Manhattan Ave.
- Greenpoint Grocery – 1018 Manhattan Ave.
- P & A Deli – 1122 Manhattan Ave.
- Pencil Factory Bar – 142 Franklin St.
- Stop1 Deli – 1043 Manhattan Ave.
- Triangolo Pizza – 1017 Manhattan Ave.
- Café Grumpy – 193 Meserole Ave.
If you are a business owner in the Greenpoint or Williamsburg area in New York City and would like to participate, please go to the Contact Us section and send your information.